Saturday, December 1, 2012

Rue Saint Roch - ma rue à Paris



Rue Saint Roch
my street in Paris


This is undoubtedly one of the smallest of café terraces with seating for six.
Rue Saint Roch runs between Rue de Rivoli 
and Avenue de l'Opéra, a single-lane, one-way street.


From my residence of choice in Paris, I can look (hang) out of the large windows 
and watch the school children marching their way to Jardin des Tuileries, 
gaze on the large stained glass windows of Église Saint-Roch, 
or, in warm weather, observe the wonderful food selections on the terrace below.  
Often we can hear the music from one or more of the church's three organs.


Just thinking about my street in Paris lightens my mood 
and brings a smile to my face.


Restaurant de la Cordonnerie
20, rue Saint Roch
75001, Paris

City Daily Photo Theme Day: My Street
 

24 comments:

raf said...

A delightful post for the theme, Genie!

Joe said...

How very handy to have this little cafe downstairs from you residence of choice Genie.

French Girl in Seattle said...

Lovely shot of an intimate terrasse parisienne... Would love to get the address of your "residence of choice..." You never know. It may come in handy... Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Jo said...

yes i agree I might have to get some advise on where Residence of choice might be...
Great photo and I smile every time I think of Paris
:)

VP said...

A great choice for this theme day: I recognized the place immediately! It is a tiny funny place and I also posted it on my travel blog a couple of years ago...

Hilda said...

And your description brought a smile to my lips too. Very intimate terrace.

Jim said...

Marvellous.

M said...

Great post! Definitely put a smile on my face as I treasure every memory from rue St. Roch!

This is Belgium said...

looks so inviting, next time I'm in Paris I will visit YOUR street
(mine is rue St Paul ;) ) the street which houses Virginia's thanksgiving store

Birdman said...

With all this happening, I can see why. Quite a street.

Hull and Hereabouts said...

Sounds a delightful street, great shot.

Virginia said...

I love OUR street! :)
V

Zyzzyz said...

Sounds a delightful place to be - my street is here.

Tanya Breese said...

love it! we have a very small hamburger place here that has been opened since the 30's and only seats 10 people at a time! it's ALWAYS busy!

Malyss said...

It's pleasant to think about places where we feel good.

Starman said...

Judging from the way they're dressed, the two guys at the table must love frozen food!!

Kay said...

Looks like a perfect spot! Nice post!

Anonymous said...

wonderful wonderful wonderful

Please have a good new month ahead.

daily athens photo

Jack said...

Hey, isn't that the same street that Virginia stays on when she is in Paris? There has to be a reason . . .

Mary said...

Love this! How enchanting. :)

Alexa said...

I enjoyed V's view of your street—and yours is totally charming too. You guys are lucky to have such a good view when you're in our fave place!

Buck said...

Such a photogenic street - thank you for sharing this beautiful place!

Pet said...

What a wonderful little corner of Paris. It goes straight into my list of places to visit next time in Paris!

Vreni said...

In Paris there is nearly everywhere a place to put tables and chairs. I will soon go to your street and think of you.