Saturday, December 29, 2012




2012 Jan 17 3rd_0266


Rue Cler


A favorite street of mine as you can run into old friends and make new ones.  This pedestrian street is only a few blocks long, but it is a delightful neighborhood  and the decorations are appealing in the daylight as well as at night.


I am thinking about my friend Christiane who I first met here several years ago, 
and who shared with me her treasured fèves anciennes.  We have kept up with each other over the years, and Holly and I saw her in Paris recently.


It makes me think of an old poem, "Make new friends and keep the old.  
One is silver and the other gold."  I do treasure the friends I have made in Paris.



Rue Cler
75006, Paris
 

17 comments:

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I am sure they treasure you also.
Happy New Year, Genie!

Deb said...

Ditto what Mary Ann said :)
xx

M said...

Christiane's shop is charming

brattcat said...

i echo the earlier posters.

Vreni said...

Rue Cler is also one of my favourite Parisian streets. They still have the same Christmas decoration this year.

Amanda said...

A good neighborhood with good friends and acquaintance makes life so much more pleasant! Great shot of rue Cler too!

Janey and Co. said...

You hear a lot of English on Rue Cler, especially at Cafe Du Marche. A favorite street of mine too!
Happy New Year Genie!

Harriet said...

I love the light and air quality that you managed to capture in this photo. Rue Cler is indeed a special place.

Virginia said...

I hope the decorations are still up when I"m there. They are magical!
V

martinealison said...

Une balade agréable grâce à toi ma chère Génie...

Gros bisous à toi et encore tous mes voeux pour 2013.

Starman said...

There is a TV travel show hosted by Rick Steves, every time he does a show on Paris, he mentions rue Cler, so I made a point one year to have a look. I didn't find it as special as he seemed to think it is.

Merisi said...

Besutiful image and sentiments, Genie!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year,
Merisi

Kristie said...

I love this photo. The decorations look so pretty and I bet at night they are gorgeous. This street looks like the type of street I'd love to stroll down. :)

Alexa said...

I too am sure that your Parisian friends feel the exact same way about you. Bon weekend

Mary said...

This is quite lovely. And i'm sure the feeling of wonderful friendship is mutual.

Randy said...

Looks like a wonderful street.

This is Belgium said...

special street to me too, Genie!