Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tapisseries de la Bûcherie - la crèche



Tapisseries de la Bûcherie


This needlepoint shop on Rue du Haut-Pavé has more than 1,700 French designs and more than 400 exclusive colors of wool.  It was founded in 1990 by Dominique Siegler-Lathrop who has written a book on the technique of needlepoint.  The French art of stitching on canvas is many centuries old and Mrs. Siegler-Lathrop is an advocate of passing this tradition to future generations.


Holly carries her needlepoint work, always with a project in process.  We popped in to look at the yarns and kits featuring hand-dyed wool from Aubusson, France.  I snapped this nativity scene in the window.



Tapisseries de la Bûcherie
2, rue du Haut-Pavé
(just around the corner from Le Réminet)
75005, Paris

 

17 comments:

Esme said...

Their colours are so vibrant.

Malyss said...

I'm like Holly, always with a needlepoint in my bag everywhere I go! :o)
I've already "cribs" made that way, but this one is especially beautyful!

martinealison said...

Une nativité particulièrement belle...
Merci pour cette très jolie photo ma chère Génie.

Gros bisous à toi.

La Petite Gallery said...

I use to needlepoint. My fingers are to old now. Nice post, sending warm wishes for a very Merry Christmas.
yvonne

biebkriebels said...

They look beautiful, I used to do this needlework too but for some reason I stopped doing so. Maybe I should start again.

Dianne said...

I admire needlework artists ...SO many hours of concentrated work. The little nativity pieces are gorgeous..

M said...

This nativity is gorgeous! I love the colors.

Starman said...

:)

Loree said...

How very original.

Kristie said...

Beautiful colors! I wish I had the patience to do needlepoint. I have the utmost admiration for anyone who does this.

Mary said...

How beautiful! :) So many original designs and colors. Wonderful photo. I hope your Christmas plans are going well!

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Just beautiful, in texture & color! It takes a special talent to be able to do this detailed work! PS Thanks for visiting chez moi. If you came to Maine, I would get to see my state in a new way through your photos!

Arti said...

How nice to see the old arts still preserved and passed on to the future generations. The scene is very artistic and inspiring in every sense of the word.

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

What a beautiful nativity set, Genie. I've always wanted a really nice nativity scene, but never came across one!
Duncan In Kuantan

Randy said...

Amazing artwork.

Melissa said...

How sweet! I like the star :)

Sara Louise said...

Those are very cute!