Thursday, December 27, 2012

Marché d'Aligre - XV



Flickr for 2012 1227

Marché d'Aligre


The clock tower stands watch over the activities. 


I have bought fruit, vegetables, cheese, pastries, old keys, linens, books, sheet music, and watercolors of Paris landmarks... all right here within a two block area.  Even if you do not buy a thing the market scene is a delight to observe.  No matter the weather, the markets are always busy.


 Be sure to stop in one of the cafés for a warm beverage and a pastry.


Marché d'Aligre
Place d'Aligre
75012, Paris
Métro Ledru Rolin

13 comments:

martinealison said...

L'atmosphère des marchés est toujours très plaisant... Certains plus que d'autres... J'ai mes adresses !!! sourire.

Gros bisous à toi ma chère Génie.

Randy said...

Looks like a great place to shop.

Ann said...

My kind of place...
to waste time and spend a couple of bucks.

Connie said...

This looks like so much fun . . . why shop inside when you have outdoor markets year round :)
Happy New Year,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Visited this marché after most of the customers and vendors had left. Wish I had known about the linen dealers. Next time?

Starman said...

I like shopping...even if I don't actually buy anything. Most of my friends think I'm strange.

Joe said...

I would love to have a rummage through this market.

Shell Sherree said...

It sounds and looks very appealing, Genie ~ including the cafe and pastries afterwards.

M said...

Such a fun place ... I look at those watercolors every day in my office :)

Kristie said...

I would love to visit here. I imagine I would come away loaded down with goodies.

Loree said...

I love markets. There is always something to buy.

Alexa said...

I love this place. And I'm only too happy to take your advice and park it at a café for a bit!

Esme said...

I just discovered this market on my last trip and it may be one of my favourites.