Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Le manège Garnier - Jardin du Luxembourg

2012 Jan 15  2nd_0580 bw


Carousel in Jardin du Luxembourg



This charming carousel in Jardin du Luxembourg was constructed in 1879 
from the plans of Charles Garnier, 
the architect of Palais Garnier (the Paris Opera House).  


The animals are suspended from the canopy,
and after selecting a wood horse or elephant, 
each child is given a wand 
On each turn of the carousel they try to catch a brass ring.


As you can see from this eager little girl, 
some are quite good at catching the ring!



Le manège Garnier
Jardin du Luxembourg
75006, Paris   

12 comments:

martinealison said...

... L'amour des chevaux de bois...
Gros bisous.

Palomasea said...

Lovely...
So good to hear all is well...crazy weather indeed...
I hope your day was beautiful with your precious family and friends, dear Genie!
Love and hugs,
- Irina

M said...

Someday we need to take our grands to Paris and ride all the Carousels! Love to you, Holly and Lauren ... Enjoy!

Kristie said...

I bet she has had a lot of practice! She is the perfect face of Christmas! What an adorable hat!

Jack said...

The wand thing is new to me. But, it would be fun.

Alexa said...

(Not for the first time), I had the same thought as Kristie. Doesn't look like this petite fille is near tiring of it, though!

Starman said...

She already has four and seems to be preparing to hook her fifth.

Daryl said...

parfait in b/w

Mary said...

How wonderful! I want to try. Well, maybe just in my imagination. :) But i'll bet i could catch the ring too. I love this photo. Perfect for Christmastime!

Andrew said...

long time no comment, Genie :)
great photo of that girl playing the ring game. I've been pretty busy myself and need to be on here more often.

Sylvia K said...

This is great, Genie! And, yes, I want my magic wand!! Delightful capture for the day! Hope you had a wonderful holiday and wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Hugs
Sylvia

Virginia said...

Beautiful!!!!
V