Friday, November 30, 2012

Sainte-Geneviève des Bois - le cimetière



The Russian Orthodox Cemetery
at Sainte-Geneviève des Bois


Although I have only seen this cemetery in the fall, 
in any month one imagines that the setting would still appear as an artist's palette 
but in the shades of the proper season.

Whether carpeted with Ginko leaves, 
a rare blanket of snow, 
or the petals of the spring blooms,
 it would surely be an artist's canvas.


Russian Orthodox Cemetery
Sainte-Geneviève des Bois

(Joyeux anniversaire, Renée)

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I do agree with you and what a beautiful capture!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Genie!!

Hugs
Sylvia

Pierre BOYER said...

Nice picture....

Pierre

Louise said...

That's a lovely picture Genie.

Irredento Urbanita said...

Cemeteries can be beautiful and peaceful places. Hugs and nice weekend!!

Val

Barcelona Daily Photo

M said...

Simply lovely! I love how the out of focus, golden background enhances the cobalt blue of the monument. I know it's a trek but I definitely want to go there some time. Printemps peut-être? Bon week-end!

This is Belgium said...

me too I love the blue !
used to never occur to me to visit a cemetery because of photographic interest
I learned about it in Selma

Kristie said...

I love the blue attached to the cross and the backdrop of the golden foilage. Very pretty!

Have a great weekend, Genie. :)

Mary said...

It looks peaceful and lovely. And what a beautiful photo you've taken!

Starman said...

Beautiful colors!

Elizabeth at Eiffel Tells said...

As usual you have a great eye for an image. Bisous

Lisa Graham said...

I can just imagine how serene. I love to walk through quiet cemeteries.

Randy said...

I love this photo. Nice composition.