Friday, August 1, 2014

Theme Day - Nourriture à emporter!



Carry-out!

In Paris my favorite "carry-out" is not a single café or bistrot, but the whole row of shops at Place Maubert.  One can start at the wine shop with the friendly King Charles Spaniel; move next door to the fromagerie, to the market on the corner for some fruit, the Charcuterie for saucisson sec, and finally Eric Kayser for une baguette Monge and a pastry for dessert.


You always stop last at Eric Kayser so you can stand in the fast-moving line for baguettes, still warm from the oven.  While you are there grab a little something to have with your café in the morning.  
Eat one of the warm baguettes as you stand on the street outside.


Now I am hungry!
Joining the City Daily Photo bloggers 
on Theme Day, Carry-Out or Take Away Store 
Click here to see all the others from around the world.


Place Maubert
75005, Paris
Métro Maubert-Mutualité


13 comments:

Gaëlle said...

Tellement français !!!

s.c said...

Thats one thing only in France. Need a holiday soon there if it's just for the food.

Jeanie said...

I don't believe there is anyplace better for carryout in the world than Paris. Wonderful bread and pastries, crepes, and let's get a little cheese to top it off! Nice photo, Genie!

William Kendall said...

Ah, French bread! Just what the doctor ordered!

RedPat said...

That's my kind of food! Yummy, Genie.

James said...

J'ai l'eau à la bouche! This brings back great memories. Nice shot!

Alexa said...

Yes, my favorite meal! (But I'll have a glass of Pineau des Charentes to top it off—carried away from the Nicolas store on the rue de Buci. Remember?)

Loire Daily Photo said...

Terrible as this may sound, I've gone off baguettes! I don't like the sharp crust ... Good theme photo though.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Looks just about perfect to me. Is that a Bandol you're drinking?

Jack said...

This is just about perfect, Genie.

LOLfromPasa said...

Looks absolutely wonderful!

Halcyon said...

I'm going to Paris for a week at the end of August. It has been so long... I can't wait!

Peter van den Besselaar said...

This picture brings back memories to me. Picknicks when we were young and life in France and hapiness were synonymous. Thanks!