In 1826, two friends, Messieurs Véro and Dodat, opened a covered galerie
between Rue du Bouloi and Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
Built in Neoclassical style with a decor that included details of copper and cast iron,
along with mirrors and the black and white marble floor,
it quickly became the darling of Paris.
This early winter morning photo found the passage
in fine order, a close reflection of its 19th century beauty.
Rue Jean-Jacques et Rue du Bouloi
Métro Palais Royal