Sunday, October 21, 2012

Église Saint-Vincent-de-Paul de Paris



Église Saint-Vincent-de-Paul de Paris


The impressive façade of this church sits atop a hill in the 10ème arrondissement 
with a broad entrance at Place Franz-Liszt.  
Completed in 1844 by Jacques Hittorff, there are a series of ramps 
which were originally designed to aid access by horse-drawn carriages.  
Today, there are a series of gardens leading up to the front steps.


Seen above the portico is a pediment sculpted by Charles-François Leboeuf-Nanteuil 
on the glorification of Saint Vincent-de-Paul.  
He is seen surrounded by figures symbolizing his saintly actions.


We arrived just as the doors were closing at noon and so we left to return later, 
just as I will bring you back here soon 
to see the inside of this large church and the treasures it holds.


bon dimanche


Église Saint-Vincent-de-Paul de Paris
Place Franz-Liszt
75010, Paris
Métro Poissonnière

16 comments:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Hi Genie,

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the interior!

Hope you have a great Sunday

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful church and I, too, am looking forward to seeing the interior! Terrific capture! Hope you're weekend is going well, Genie!

Hugs
Sylvia

Cezar and Léia said...

Magnificent architecture, I love the huge columns and you got a beautiful composition in this image!
Léia

Forest Dream Weaver said...

So much detail.....beautiful!
I too look forward to seeing the interior.

Bon dimanche Genie,
Ruby

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Impressive indeed, and good composition!

M said...

Bon dimanche! Very impressive facade --- can't wait to see the treasures hidden inside!

My name is Riet said...

That is a beautiful church, I am looking forward to the inside photo's as I love churches and certainly their interiors.

Kristie said...

Majestic looking church! I especially love the pediment above the portico, it's very impressive. I can't wait to see the interior of this church. :)

Alexa said...

Love the way you composed this shot. Looking forward to more too. Bon dimanche, Genie!

Mary said...

Magnificent church! I can't wait to see the inside in your photos. :) A treat i'll definitely look forward to!

TheChieftess said...

What's not to love in Paris architecture???

Jack said...

The pediment is really something. I'll be back to see the interior.

Randy said...

That is amazing. Love the facade.

genie said...

Paris is filled with beautiful building of which this has to be oneof the nicest. The facade is gorgeous. So much work went into all of the sculptures.

genie said...

Paris is filled with beautiful building of which this has to be oneof the nicest. The facade is gorgeous. So much work went into all of the sculptures.

PeterParis said...

You really found the right angle! I had more or less this view at luchtime during five years, when I worked close to Place Franz Liszt. Never brought my camera those days! :-)