Designed and built by the French architect Louis Baltard
between 1860 and 1871 this church sits almost on its own island
centered at the crossroads of major boulevards in the 8ème Arrondissement.
Baltard was involved with the restoration of several Parisian churches
including Saint Germain l'Auxerrois, St. Eustache, Saint-Germain des Pres,
He is probably best known for building the twelve pavilions of Les Halles,
the former central market in Paris.
8, avenue César Caire