Thursday, September 9, 2010

Le Carrousel de Nogent



If you have been to Paris in the winter you know that most, if not all, of the carousels are closed. How about un manège enclosed with glass doors so that it can entertain les enfants during all seasons and weather. It even provides seating for les parents ou les grand-parents.



En juin, I went to Nogent-sur-Marne just to the east of Bois de Vincennes to have an apéritif with friends and discovered this beautiful (and new) carousel sur l'esplanade de l'Hôtel de Ville. The decoration arount the top was inspired by scenes of the town. If you want to see more of Paris than city-life and to venture out a bit, Nogent can be easily reached by RER or Métro and bus and is included in your Zones 1-3 Paris Visite Pass.




I'm off on an adventure with Nanette to find some castanets -- I will still be posting daily but with fewer comments until I return.

9 comments:

Pat said...

I think also the one at the foot of the Sacre Coeur steps is always open...literally open, in all kinds of weather.

I love carousels. They're the only go-around rides I don't get dizzy on. This one looks great!

Shell Sherree said...

Very pretty!! And I'm itching to go out and find a tree to trim into that shape. And a much taller ladder.

cocoa and coconut said...

That's gorgeous! What a fantastique idée

Starman said...

Clever concept. Now they need to get to work o making the city more handicapped friendly, like Frankfurt and Barcelona.

Virginia said...

Parfait pour les enfants!! I think the Sacre Coeur might be open since it was in March 2007, also the one at Tuileries that allowed Eva and one other petite fille to ride all by themselves like two princesses!

The tree reminds me of Disney World. Come to think of it, Paris is like one big Magic Kingdom for grown ups! :)

Miss you lots,
V

Loree said...

Perfect. It would be ideal to have one of those carousels here too.

Alexa said...

Love the carrousel, but I'm with Shell—now that you've shown me one, I want a triangular tree!

M said...

Norgent-sur-Marne was a lovely town but if you go there, make sure you don't take the express RER -- that is, unless you want to have an adventure!! Great photo, Genie!!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

If I had a gardener I would have one of those triangle trees. Wait, I really do have a gardener but he might balk at another major maintenance object!

M, yes it was perfect until we got on the express! hehehe