Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How did I miss this?



It was not until I posted the Sunday church, Saint Denys du Saint Sacrement, and I was looking for information on Eugène Delacroix that I realized the Musée national Eugène Delacroix was in the same block as my hotel!


I even stopped to photograph the beautiful building, l'Institut Catholique de Paris on Rue de l'Abbaye, from the little shaded Place Furstenberg. We walked past the entrance to the museum tucked away in the corner which would have just been over my right shoulder as I snapped this photo.


Most days as we walked through Place Furstenberg, there were people playing music or just sitting with friends. There was much activity for La Fête de la Musique en juin.



Musée national Eugène Delacroix
6, rue de Furstenberg
6ième Arrondissement

9 comments:

Rob-bear said...

So near and yet so far, until you carefully checked the neighbourhood. Glad you did.

Shell Sherree said...

What a beauty! As for the museum, with so much to see every which way you turn your head and camera, it must be very easy to miss a few things in any given block.

Virginia said...

I thought it was a building very close to my apt. Well we just must return Genie, and explore some more!
V

Loree said...

Yes, sometimes it happens that we miss the things which are closest to us. That building is very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like the post.

M said...

Genie, Don't feel so bad, it was never open when we went by -- we were just out to early in the morning or home too late in the evening. While you were taking a photo, I went to the door to check out the hours.

Unknown said...

I love Paris realy much ! big hugh Kathrin

Randy said...

Beautiful street!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Marie, I am so glad that you were on top of it. We'll have to see the museum on our next Paris trip!

Kathrin, thanks for stopping in and making a comment!