Friday, September 10, 2010

La Mairie -- Nogent-sur-Marne



Just east of Bois de Vincennes are a series of beautiful villes situated along the Marne river. If you take the RER to Nogent-sur-Marne, the Mairie is only a one block walk (west). I have already shown Le Carrousel de Nogent and today present the picturesque town hall. The city has a bi-monthly magazine that tells about the current activities and gives a wonderful insight into a vibrant community.



I'm off on an adventure with Nanette to find some castanets -- I will still be posting daily but with fewer comments until I return.

7 comments:

Pat said...

So French....even without the flag.

Virginia said...

The Mairie in each little town is always so grand. I'm constantly amazed. This is a really pretty one. I like that the carrousel was close by.
V

Alexa said...

I just gave Virginia an oh la la—and you get one too, for this beautiful building! (Love the doors.)

Rob-bear said...

The delightful charm of old-world buildings.

Love the picture.

Starman said...

It's so typically French. Beautiful.

M said...

Parfait!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Thank you to all for the comments. M and I had a lovely visit with a friend and new friends that day after an adventure on the RER and Metro -- no wine involved.

hehehe -- Genie