Monday, January 3, 2011

Galerie Vivienne... Martine Rama


The Galerie Vivienne was originally named Galerie Marchoux when it opened in 1826. It was purchased by M. Marchoux along with Passage de Petits Pères. His intention was to create a covered passageway lined with shops, the future vision of present-day shopping malls.

This little art-framing gallery with its aproned artisan* is typical of the shops along this striking, up-scale passage. I have more photos for another day.


La Galerie Vivienne
6, rue Vivienne

Virginia posted a beautiful scene from this passage on the very day Holly, Peter, and I were there. The tree we saw in December was the same as in her photo, a beautiful vivid red.

* Please correct, svp


13 comments:

Malyss said...

I love those galleries and passageways, they have a very special mood, like a protected world!

Alexa said...

Love this, Genie! I'm especially fond of Paris' passages (having worked in one) -- and may I please have one of those Eiffel Towers for my little collection?

Louis la Vache said...

...and «Louis» will take the mugs, s'il vous plaît!.

Loree said...

That looks like a wonderful place to shop.

Cezar and Léia said...

So elegant! I loved that little red Eiffel Tower!
Dear friend,I wish you a special 2011 full of love and great energies!
hugs from Luxembourg
Léia

Starman said...

Love the US flag decorated Tour Eiffel.

Virginia said...

I love this passage. I"m with Starman. I want that RED ET. I"m going righ there!
V

Miss Sadie said...

A very interesting picture, to be sure. The place looks so elegant!

Next time, perhaps, could you give us a dog's-eye view of the place? That would very intriguing. Thank you.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Malyss -- Yes, and just perfect in the winter months!

Alexa -- We are going to have to chat as I want to hear all about your time in Paris (and Italy...)

Louis -- I'll put your name on the mugs for some chocolat chaud. I imagine that would come in handy as you gaze over the Bay

Loree -- There are many small shops in this passage along with a restaurant and salon de thé

Léia -- So glad that you and Cezar are back. Best wishes for health and happiness in 2011 (Luna too!)

Starman -- Yes, that is definitely for ze toorists

Virginia -- I hope that the red Christmas tree is still up!

Miss Sadie -- I will be on the lookout for a few "dog-view" photos!

Randy said...

Nice window shot. I like the hand holding the globe.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Randy -- Very observant you are!

M said...

What a delightful way to leche vitrines from far away ... I have made myself a rather long list of "I wants" after studying your lovely photo. Give me a Paris "mall" any day!

James said...

It's so nice to find and walk through the passages. This one is very close to the apartment where we stay. Great shot!