Montsouris is located in the 14ème arrondissement
at the southern edge of Paris.
Opened in 1869 the park is one of the four large parks,
along with the Bois de Boulogne, the Bois de Vincennes
and the Parc des Buttes Chaumont, created by Napoleon
and Baron Haussmann at each of the cardinal points
of the compass around the city.
It was filled with Parisians enjoying
a sunny clear November day.