Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chaises de café en noir et rouge


Café chairs
in black and red


When I think about the café chairs in Paris, I can close my eyes and feel the weave of the seat as I settle in, the sounds they make as you shift your weight, and the warmth of the webbing on a cool day.


If you let your imagination run, you will hear the French conversations, the sounds of the Café Richards cups and saucers, and the smells of fresh croissant, pain au chocolat, and rich coffee.


When you cannot be in Paris, a creative mind can give you a few moments of memory and anticipation.



Paris Café
75016, Paris

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, I do agree with you!! The joy of a creative mind!! Thanks for sharing, this is terrific! Have a great week, Genie!
Hugs
Sylvia

Cezar and Léia said...

Charming chairs, I like a lot this picture!
Léia

Joe said...

I'm right there Genie.

Shell Sherree said...

Beautifully expressed, dear Genie! Our imaginations are remarkable creatures. Bisous.

s.c said...

Its strange but you recognize a paris terrace in an instant as is the case with your photo. Now sitting there with a glass of wine in hand and a fresh croissant. A tempting idea.

M said...

Miam miam ... Your photo is as delicious as the tidbits you describe so well!

Daryl said...

several cafes on the eastside of manhattan have similar outdoor seating ... a good place to reminise about paris

Jeanie said...

Simply adore the composition of this!

JoeinVegas said...

You describe it well. But still I would rather be there for real.

Pat said...

True what you say. I like how the knives and forks look like black on the red napkins, echoing a bit the chairs.

Revrunner said...

I'm wondering what we've ordered!

Starman said...

Few things say "France" like those chairs.

Jack said...

These are colorful cafe chairs. OK, I will close my eyes and imagine . . .

Randy said...

Great colors.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the yellow color: black, yellow and red: the colors of the belgian flag! Nice picture as always. Lapommeduverger