Monday, June 3, 2013

Rue des Thermopyles - de l'autre côté




2011 nov day 6 1106 DSC_0545


Rue des Thermopyles


After using a shot of this street for June CDP Theme Day's "decay," 
it seemed appropriate to show you the charming side of this street.  
It is quiet with well-manered cats wearing collars, 
green plants and herbs, window boxes, 
bicycles parked for cat-pedestals, and no cars allowed.  


This photo was taken in the fall 
and these vines should now be full of leaves and blooms.


(for Danielle of VenetiaMicio)


Rue des Thermopyles
75014, Paris



17 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The detail here is charming Genie. I loved your b&w theme day shot, I hope everyone clicked on that image to bring it in closer, so much to see and tres, tres parfait for the theme day.

Pat said...

Patel-pretty!

Pat said...

Ooops---"pastel-pretty"!

Deb said...

I've just spent a wonderful 15 minutes gazing at your photos and reading your posts.
Hope you have a lovely trip Genie
:)

TheChieftess said...

A charming window and a charming shot!!!

Joe said...

It is the effervescence on the terra cotta pots that attract me to this photo.

PeterParis said...

Good! It's always good to look "de l'autre coté"!
(You are mentioned on my today's post.)

M said...

Cottage charm in the city! I would love to look out into the street from that window!

Harriet said...

I love the colors and charm of this photo. You have a great eye for what makes a beautiful photo.

Daryl said...

charming

Malyss said...

Loe those pastel colors! this picture is one of my favorite of yours, very poetic.

Alexa said...

I like Malyss's word to describe this photo. And I think this street is beautiful from both cotés.

Starman said...

"well-manered cats" ????

Jeanie said...

Couldn't find the cat but I loved the photo!

Jack said...

It must be great in season.

Randy said...

It's lovely.

Cezar and Léia said...

So charming window!
Léia