Saturday, October 3, 2015

Chez Gladines - cuisine Basque à Paris



Chez Gladines


This charming bistrot serves reasonably-priced Basque cuisine. 
I first "discovered" Chez Gladines, the original restaurant, 
on rue des Cinq Diamants in the 13ème.  The food is simple, but delicious. 
Be sure to select a dessert while I whisper in your ear....
(crème caramel -or- mi-cuit au chocolat et Piment d'Espelette ).
 


This lively scene is on Boulevard Saint Germain and 
the warm September evening filled all the tables,
 inside and on the terrace.




Chez Gladines
44, boulevard Saint Germain
75005, Paris

8 comments:

Revrunner said...

Eh? What did you say? :-)

Jeanie said...

I think our days of dining outdoors may be over for the season, unless it's a soup and grog day! This looks so delightful!

William Kendall said...

Just the sound of that dessert is tempting!

Merisi said...

Beautiful scene, and I can't even begin to imagine how heavenly that dessert must be!

Pierre BOYER said...

Cela me rappelle quelques repâs que j'y ai passé avec des amis...
Bon dimanche !

Pierre

Pet said...

I live surrounded by Basque Restaurants myself - not a difficult feat living in San Sebastian - but I wouldn't mind at all joining in the ambiance of this one!
Thanks for the tip

Joe said...

Oh I love the atmosphere in this shot Genie.

Alexa said...

I remember my meal here with you and la belle Isabelle—cute waiters and over-the-top salads at a table shared with young locals.