Friday, January 24, 2014

L'Écailler du Bistrot

 
 
 
L'Écailler du Bistrot
 
 
If you are fond of seafood you will love this restaurant devoted to shrimp, fish, prawns, lobster, and most importantly (to me) oysters!  We were there for a midday meal of oysters and to sample their featured fish of the day.  I was not disappointed and as I type about the salty sea flavor of these delightful mollusks, my mouth is watering.  At home I might have been mixing a coctail sauce, but here they needed not a single seasoning or spice. 
 
 
The next trip to this bistrot, I will just have an assortment of oysters...
with a side of baguette.
 
 
 
L'Écailler du Bistrot
22, rue Paul Bert
75011, Paris
 



11 comments:

Alain said...

Le meilleur du plateau de fruit de mer cela reste quand même le vin blanc.

Malyss said...

No oysters for me, brrrr! I'll have enough with prawns, lobster and shrimp.. :o)

Jeanie said...

I should love to join you. Not huge on the oysters but most seafood makes me moan with pleasure!

Aussie in France said...

Yes, I love oysters too - spéciales from Normany! And we buy two dozen at the market every week during the winter season, accompanied by a sancerre.

Aussie in France said...

Yes, I love oysters too - spéciales from Normany! And we buy two dozen at the market every week during the winter season, accompanied by a sancerre.

Alexa said...

You remind me of a breakfast I enjoyed in a fishing village near Bordeaux—fresh oysters and crisp white wine. Miam!

William Kendall said...

The place looks lovely. Not quite my appetite though... I don't particularly care for seafood.

Randy said...

Nice looking wine bucket.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Oysters are not a taste I've acquired. But your description is making me rethink oysters.

Jack said...

Sorry, Genie, I am not an oyster guy. (This is where you insert your own joke.) But, I do like this photo.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I would love to join you too, I hope they have a big enough table for us all :-) Love fish and yes mouth watering too,